Sunday, July 3, 2016

Rant Post: 7/3/2016

RANT BEGIN
So WTF! This DPI unit scaling on Widget is really annoying
https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/UMG/HowTo/ScalingUI/
I found that by default most 720p and 1080p res (and other rez) have DPI scaling that's different than 1!! WHY?? I guess this is to scale icons so they they aren't fucking ginormous on different resolution screens.
Basically I was running into the issue of the AimOffset and the Crosshair UI not lining up for awhile. I didn't really think much about this because I thought I was down rezzing from the original 1080p, but NOOOO, this actually has a DPI scale which meant that every rez that wasn't matched to DPI 1 scale that the CrossHair UI Offset was WRONG AND WEAPONS ALWAYS MISSED WHERE YOU WERE AIMING AT WHEN NOT AIMING AT 0,0!!! GAAAHHH!!!

Anyhow, with some debugging with the AimOffset Billboard and RayTracing from the weapons, I was able to figure this out and match them properly to the rez of the game again. Man, I hate these kinds of bugs that take forever but the solution is super simple.

Unfortunately, this means more time needed to fuck with the HUD sizes again.... Ah welll...
/END RANT

No comments:

Post a Comment